Wednesday, May 13, 2009

adventures abound

today i rode the Asia World Championship Mountain Bike Course 2008, a mix of cliffs (avoided) muddy slopes, and rocky single track. Nepal is slowly making a mountain biker out of me haha. From the tallest mountains in the world to the jungles of the Terai, adventure sport opportunities such as bungee jumping, paragliding, rock climbing, kayaking, mountaineering, rafting, and mountain biking are huge here.

Im not sure if people consider riding an elephant through the jungle in search of lions, rhinos and bears a sport but it sure is an adventure! I was hosted by the National Trust of Nature Conservation while I conducted my due diligence and project assessment for reforestation projects around the Chitwan National Park corridor forest and buffer zones and they were kind enough to lend me one of their elephants for a day.



2 comments:

  1. Dillon,

    Sounds like you're having quite the adventure. I would love to hear more about it. You should drop me a line sometime if you get the chance to.

    --Mike E
    miketewing@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to stumble upon your blog, Dillon. Just these two images helped me finally realize the adventure you're having, which was somewhat hard to visualize previously. Would love to see some more pictures.

    - Alex R.

    ReplyDelete